The IUT has strong local ties, offering two-year training programs for jobs in the industrial and tertiary sectors : a DUT is accessible with the French diploma equivalent of A-Levels and corresponds to a BTEC Higher National Diploma.
The most interesting aspect in this course is a practical and very specialized teaching with an important role given to teachers, which gives students the opportunity to be able to work after two years of studies.
The diplomas proposed* have been developed in partnership with companies and specialists of the sector who actively participate in the preparation of the curriculum, and are members of the board of examiners.
After two years of studies, graduates can start working or continue to study in a school of engineering or a business school, or to get a Vocational Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree and then to go on for a M.Sc or an M.Eng and a PhD.
*courses are proposed only if enough students are registered
• applied social studies (DUT CS)
• civil engineering (DUT GC)
• electrical and computer systems engineering (DUT GEII)
• thermal and energy engineering (DUT GTE)
• computer science (DUT Informatique)
• commercial management (DUT Tech.de Co)
• administration and commercial management (DUT GACo)
• physical measures (DUT MP)
• telecommunications and network engineering (DUT R&T)
• communication networks and services (DUT SRC)